Sunday, September 13, 2009

Nepal - January 6, 2009

Click here for Seven Reasons to Visit India.

Chitwan National Forest - Part One




Today was a beautiful day. We started with an elephant safari ride through the forest. I didn't care what it did to my back--I was determined to do it and I did. The forest is lovely. It looks like the set for a Tarzan movie, but it's real.

By the way, click on any of the still photos to see them in a larger size.


Our mahout knew where to take us to see wild game. We saw several rhino families, who practically posed for us, along with spotted deer, mule deer, wild pigs, peacocks, and huge crocodiles. I took pictures all the way, figuring some of them were bound to be good.




We didn't see either sloth bears or tigers, although both live in the forest, nor did we encounter any snakes.



After the ride we walked about two miles into the nearby village, where we shopped for souvenirs and had lunch at a very nice restaurant. Then we walked back to our resort.

Eric took a nap while Lois and I took the tour of the elephant breeding facility.

Learn deep Zen meditation. Click Here!

No comments: